Sustainable and managed growth of trees is essential in both residential and commercial areas. Whether it is an old tree or a new tree, all trees need pruning so that they can remain healthy and don’t develop any odd growth patterns. As tree owners who have them in the backyard, getting the right ratio between the trunk and the branches is as important as keeping the grass trimmed for the beautiful look.
Preservation of the buildings and the nearby areas is essential as you do not want the branches of the trees propagating to odd areas like the road or your neighbor’s windows. The next thing that happens in these cases is complaint against you and nobody likes a complaint.
Understanding the tree pruning process
People believe that cutting a few branches and removing some leaves is all there is to pruning. Turns out, it is not so simple. Professional pruners have a meticulous method and need to be highly precise when it comes to their job. It is about preserving the health of the tree in your backyard or the trees that surround your summer home. Tree pruning involves proper planning and the complete knowledge of the tree so that the natural shape is not destroyed while the tree becomes stronger and provides increased aesthetics.
It is not always about the dead leaves and branches, professional pruning services shed the right portions of the tree to make it grow in a particular fashion. While it is true that the dead or oversized branches weigh the tree down, it is not always necessary to remove the entirety of it. While healthy growth is encouraged, the other things to note are:
- Taking care of various structures around the tree is essential
- Ensuring that the people are safe around the old trees
- Keeping the branches and electric/telephone wires away from each other
The need for professional tree pruning
While home owners sometimes insist on doing everything on their own, there are however, no benefits in pruning the tree on your own. On the contrary, the chances of you harming the tree are more. There are multiple reasons for calling on a pruner to get the job done.
- Safety – The first thing you need to prune a tree is reaching those high branches and sit on primary branches to reach the other dead ones. This is not something which is encouraged to do specially if you do not have the proper tools and fasteners.
- Knowledge – To deliver a professional tree pruning service not only one should know everything about different kinds of trees and their specific needs, they also need to excel at arboriculture. Something in tune of a tree surgeon.
- Aesthetics – No matter how good you think you are, a professional always knows what is best. What you do as a hobby on some days, a professional has to do that as a job every day and has to deliver on it. Only a pruner can give you the clean cuts and precise shapes which look good.
- Health – When you get professional help, there are zero chances of cutting important branches or growth elements on the tree. You also have the peace of mind that the vitality of the tree will not be compromised because they know what they are doing.
- Time – If it takes two days for you to get the job done, a professional might complete the tree pruning in a few hours. Saving time is the best benefit from any service you hire. After all, it is not just about the tree, the goal is to maximize your time with the tree or be able to sit under its shade to enjoy your afternoons and evenings.