Tree trimming is required in cities and rural areas. Tree trimming involves the removal of some parts of a tree for various reasons. For example, some people trim trees for aesthetic reasons, protect people, and protect their properties from damages. Proper knowledge, equipment and skills are needed for one to be able to trim or remove a tree or offer maintenance services efficiently. The maintenance of trees around your property plays a major role, and you should always ensure that a professional is included. Some of the things you should know about tree trimming costs and guidance on the various costs charged for tree removal and trimming.
The Cost of Tree Trimming
- Average trimming cost=$460
- General trimming cost range=$75-$1500
- Tree topping(30feet height)=$100-$300
- Tree topping930-60 feet)= $175-400 and $200-$1800
Several factors determine the costs of tree trimming or removal. Massive trees with heights and large surface diameters cost more than shorter or slimmer trees. Other costs that are also be added include clean up after the services, hauling debris and stump grinding.
Factors that affect tree removal and trimming costs
- Access to the tree to be serviced.
- The tree species.
- The tree height, condition and spread.
Best Time to Prune Various Types of Trees
The first step before beginning tree trimming involves sterilising the equipment to prevent disease transfer from an unhealthy tree to another. Next, deciduous trees should be pruned during their dormancy stages, such as during winter or late fall. Trees that lose leaves seasonally when pruned during their growing stages may not heal from the cuts, and sap may be seen flowing from the cuts. This may lead to tree diseases and invasion by insects causing damages to the tree.
Evergreen trees are usually pruned by trimming off the lower branches of the tree. The aim of this is to ensure that the under the tree is accessible. Evergreen trees are best trimmed during early spring. This is the period just before the trees begin to develop. However, the pruned branches should not get cut up to the trunk level since it may affect the healing process.
Precautions Taken when Trimming Trees
- Trimming and handling of trees growing near power lines should be by professionals.
- Avoid standing right below the branch being trimmed since it can be a life threat on falling over.
- Do not trim or remove large trees located next to a property since falling limbs, branches, and trunks pose potential damage to the structure.
- Someone should be involved to help ensure that the person trimming is safe and that the place is secure for tree trimming.
Property owners and homeowners should understand that tree trimming is an obligation that they should fulfil. Tree trimming has many benefits to both the tree and the occupants of the area. However, the trimming and removal should be done carefully since the falling parts threaten damages on property and injuries on people. Therefore, an owner should consider involving professionals in the activity. The average costs of tree trimming are similar nationwide but may vary depending on various tree trimming factors.